Seabrook Developments- Victoria, BC
Seabrook Developments is expanding our workforce and looking for strong and skilled team players to join our team full-time. We are on the search for someone who is an independent, technically-savvy, and cheerful administrative professional to join our team and take on the responsibility of providing reception and administration support. Based in Victoria and reporting to the CEO, the Receptionist/Office Administrator is the initial point person for people wanting to connect with our business, and the go-to person for our internal team members to provide a variety of assistance.
As receptionist/Office Administrator, you will be the first point of contact for the company and you will provide administrative support across the organization. You will handle the flow of people through the business and ensure that all office responsibilities are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner.
Said candidate must be motivated, detail oriented and pride themselves on their work. We require someone who has the ability to be left alone, is fluent in the Microsoft Office suite including; word, excel, and outlook, and knowledge in the Adobe Creative Suite and asset. If this sounds like you, then please apply today.
Job Type: Full-time
Position: 9 am-5 pm Monday-Friday | Medical and Dental benefits after 3 months | Competitive Salary | Start ASAP
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve visitors by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing them appropriately.
- Answer, screen and forward any incoming phone calls while providing basic information when needed.
- Maintain control of traffic in the reception area (greet clients, vendors, applicants, and visitors)
- Receive and sort daily mail/deliveries/couriers.
- Update appointment calendars and schedule meetings/appointments.
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, collating, faxing etc.
- Delivering diversified support to departments as requested, including event coordination
- Posting job opportunities online and saving applications received
- Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to company policies.
- Manage agendas/travel arrangements/appointments etc. for the upper management
- Manage phone calls and correspondence (e-mail, letters, packages etc.)
- Manage office appearance and supplies
- Support budgeting and bookkeeping procedures including:
- Provide payroll support i.e., collecting weekly time sheets and payroll distribution
- Basic invoicing, maintaining and matching the expenses for company Visas and fuel cards etc.
- Create and update records and databases with personnel, financial and other data
- Manage and maintain employee benefits program
- Payroll data entry
- Distribute and organize accounts payable invoices
- Maintain vacation and sick day reports
- Order and maintain office and kitchen supplies
- File, copy and provide other administrative/clerical support
- Assist colleagues whenever necessary
- Filing all documentation
- Assist with AR function and collections whenever required
- Track and report company statistics
- Create and maintain tracking spreadsheets
- Manage and contribute to company’s social media feeds including Facebook, Instagram & LinkedIn
- Type work orders, letters, and tender documents
- Submit timely reports and prepare presentations/proposals as assigned
- Entering project data into company’s CRM system
- Assist with the creation of project estimates, payment schedules and contract agreements
Minimum 2 years of previous office administration experience
- Excellent customer service as well as interpersonal skills
- Strong time management and multitasking abilities
- Must be very organized and deadline oriented
- Very strong written and oral communication skills
- Outgoing and personable
- Able to effectively communicate and build relations with people
- Strong typing ability (min. 50wpm)
- Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Office such as word, excel, outlook
- Prior experience in Construction environment is an asset
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality
We thank all interested candidates but only those who meet the employer criteria will be contacted.